Monday, March 22, 2021

Surprise... not surprise... surprise!

So, this weekend was to have been my surprise party. Because I couldn't plan the cruise, my girls decided to throw me a party, and after we started planning it, Mark decided he wanted it to be a surprise. SO, I was removed from the planning committee, and even though I knew it was happening, I wasn't allowed to know it was happening. :)

For reasons I won't go into here, we had to postpone the event, but Cassie texted me during the week and said: "I know we are postponing your party, but I'm going to plan a lunch for you on Saturday instead with just family. Can you guys come?" "Of course," we said. I wasn't sure why we had to have a lunch for family when most of them had celebrated with me last weekend, but it was a very nice gesture and I appreciated my week-long party concept. So, I was back to being able to know that there was a lunch celebration being planned for me, but I still didn't know any details. 

Saturday came and we had a lovely day. The menu was Moe's Meal Kits, which I have to say are the "bomb." You can never go wrong with tacos! The kids (big and little) planned a pinata for me full of candy and we had cheesecake for dessert. Cassie made killer margaritas (can you tell what the theme was?), and we had a very enjoyable afternoon. 

Then, on Sunday morning, Cassie texted me and said "The kids have something for you, can you come over around 11:30?" "Sure," I texted back, assuming it was the requisite handprint plate or canvas project that grandchildren usually provide grandparents on an annual (or somewhat regular) basis. When I got ready to go, Mark and Mom both decided to come with me. Instantly, I thought something was up, but I had no prep for what awaited me at their house. As I drove up their street, I saw Serena and Charlie in the driveway! What a GREAT surprise! They were supposed to be at the "lunch," but missed their flight that morning and didn't get in until after midnight on Saturday night. 

So my birthday week is complete -- with all my kids and all my grandkids! And, on top of them visiting from Texas, we heard today that Ty's adoption date is set for early May AND they may get another baby this coming week!! So excited for them, and my gaggle of grandchildren is still growing! Happy birthday to me! :)


No comments: