Monday, March 8, 2021

An Idea is Forming...

Over the last week, I have started to explore different ideas for "embracing" 60 over the next twelve months. It's been exciting to let myself mull them over and add them to my mental list. Some are a little out there and I'm still just "considering" them. Others are completely doable and easy enough to make happen without much work. Even more are just concepts and need some work to make happen because they have more than a few moving parts - or involve other people. 

I see this blog having two different kinds of posts. One will be idea exploration and deciding what to put on my list -- chatting about the pros and cons of an idea, and/or exploring the feasibility of different ideas. The other will be mini reports about my progress. I might even consider having a third type -- where I wax poetic on what it all means to me and what is important along the way.

First, I have a few things that have already jumped onto the list for this year. The first three are doing meaningful things with my kids. 

1. I'm going to accompany Cassie and Jaxson & Gracie to Disney in April! I'm so excited! :)  I am truly a kid at heart (deep down) and I LOVE amusement parks. Disney isn't something that appeals to many other people in the family, so this is a win-win for me. I get to be an extra set of hands, and I get to experience Disney through a 7-year old's eyes (for the first time in MANY years!). 

2. I'm going to get my first tattoo with Kennedy! I've been thinking about it for a few years now, but that is her thing and I'm going to do it with her. I think it will be a dragonfly on my shoulder, because dragonflies are my "spirit bug" and I can have it shaded with teal blue/green for fun. I think she will get something similar so we "match." :)

3. I have to think of something to do with Serena. It can be in Houston or here, or somewhere else. It really doesn't matter, and I have lots of time to figure out what it might be. :)

In addition to those things, my friend Colette Koppel invited Mark and I to go to Cancun in November. I have never done a "sun and surf"vacation before and after a year of no travel, this is a great thing to put on my calendar for mid-year! It's an all-inclusive resort, which means alcohol and food are included in the package, so it's completely affordable. So excited!

I'll have more ideas later, but wanted to get these written down before I lose track of everything. More to come! 

No comments: