Sunday, March 14, 2021

A day late, but worth it...

So, I've been SO busy over my birthday weekend that I didn't even get time to post ON MY BIRTHDAY! Maybe if I had told ANYBODY about this blog project, I would have been able to carve out some time Friday night, but I haven't so I didn't.

Kicking off my 61st year was both relaxing and invigorating. While my coffee date first thing in the morning had to cancel, I spend the morning catching up on some TV and then was treated to lunch at Mason Jar Tavern (one of my favorite spots) by Cassie, Jaxson, and Gracie. It was just supposed to be Cassie and I, but her vaccination escapade took longer than she thought and she had to pick the kids up from school on the way to lunch. SOooooo, I had the special treat of having all THREE of them for a couple of hours!

I got flowers from them (the Longs), and from my brother, Chris (Warren, Skeet, ...). The bouquet from Chris had multi-colored roses in it -- I've never seen anything like it!! Arguably one of the prettiest bouquets I've ever seen!

After a post-lunch nap (LOVE naps! Is that a sigh of old age?), the other kids came over for homemade mini pizzas, which were a huge hit. It was great to have everyone there bantering and catching up! The night was capped off with ice cream at the brand new "Scoop at Willow Oak Farms" just down the street. It was soooo good. Diabetes or no, I had vanilla ice cream with caramel over homemade (warm) pound cake! Kennedy and I split it. 

I have to do a better job of taking photos of things like birthday dessert and birthday lettuce wraps with a blueberry moonshine cocktail. Obviously I'm new at this whole "documenting" my life thing. I thought I was a pro, but I am woefully short on photos from THE BIG DAY. I promise to improve I think I might have to get rid of some photos on my phone, tho. :)

More conversations about what I want to do and try this year were had over dessert, tho. People seem to like the idea of spending the year trying new things and exploring what's out there. More to come...


No comments: