Thursday, March 25, 2021

Should I... or shouldn't I?

Okay, this post marks the first post where I ask for an opinion. 

Many people look at sky-diving as a way of laughing at age or facing our fears. One of the things I've been toying with is the idea of jumping out of a plane. If you had asked me ten years ago if I would ever consider something like this, I would have told you you were out of your mind! :)

BUT, here we are, at another juncture in which I'm feeling like I need to embrace the fact that I'm NOT old and I'm still functionally competent in terms of trying new things and exploring our world before my spryness gives way to brittle bones and weak muscles (including my grey matter)! 

What do you think? I will be looking for someone to do this great feat with me - safety in numbers, after all! And "the more the merrier"... its much more fun to do new and terrifying acts of bravery with a partner in crime. So, if you ever read this and want to join me -- it doesn't matter why you want to do it, or when, or where. I'd rather do it here in North Carolina somewhere, and if I'm going to do it, I want to do it before the end of this celebratory year, but other than that there's no rules. Oh! It has to be a tandem dive, too. I'm not jumping out of a plane for any reason without being attached to someone who knows how to pull the parachute chord! :)

Should I do it? And, if so, who will join me!

No comments: