Thursday, March 11, 2021

One more day... :)

T minus one day and counting...

It's almost here! Tomorrow is the big day! I will have completed 21,900 tours around the sun -- pretty much completely oblivious of how much time has gone by in 60 years! To say I have NOT lived my life INTENTIONALLY for the last 58+ years is an understatement. I have let my environment dictate who I am and what I do - perfectly complacent about living in reaction rather than living in intention. 

Well, my quest to begin taking control of my life began last year when I started attending a women's book club for entrepreneurs. I was on the "start my own business" track and had been for several years as my husband and I tried to start a brewery/coffee shop. But then... reality set in and we couldn't sustain the energy it required to bring it to fruition. Then COVID. Nuff said. 

I spent the pandemic reading, meditating, dieting, growing things, and starting to listen to myself. It was self-reflective and a good exercise. I haven't kept up with the meditation, but the rest is still perculating. I started Camp Gladiator in January at my daughter's urging, and I have embraced that journey already for 2021.

THIS YEAR I intend to figure out what I truly can and want to do. I know it still includes opening the business, but it will look different than it did before. I also want to read some great books, take some trips, spend time with people, and get outdoors as much as possible. Water will also factor in, as I have neglected the Pisces in my life for wayyyyy too long. :)

Happy birthday to me! I raise a glass to INTENTION, PURPOSE, CLARITY, BALANCE, and GROWTH -- in all their various manifestations!

No comments: