Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Viva Argentina!

This week, in addition to editing almost around the clock to make several deadlines, I have been putting the final touches on 3 days of activities for a group of 5 business women from Cordoba, Argentina. They are here on a Rotary District-sponsored Group Study Exchange (GSE), and will be visiting all 8 Areas of District 7710, of which my Fuquay-Varina Rotary Club is a member.

It has been exhausting but fun, and my only regret is how few of our club members were willing to do ANYTHING to help out. The lack of energy in my club is truly discouraging, and although I am scheduled to be the President in another year, I'm seriously reconsidering it.

ANYWAY, for the next three days, I will be a tour guide in southern and western Wake County. We are scheduled to visit three other clubs -- Angier, Apex, and Clayton -- where the team will give a presentation about their country. In addition, we are planning to visit the new Kraft YMCA in Apex, the Wake Technical College's Business and Industry Center in Apex, the publisher of Cary Magazine, and the new Wake County SPCA facility in Garner. We're having a cookout for them tonight to share the American cookout experience, and we're taking them "clubbing" one night, and out to dinner and a movie on the third night.

I am really excited to meet the 5 ladies, but I know that I'll be absolutely wiped out by Saturday night. I have to remember to get film for the camera! :)

I love the international feel that the club is incubating! I may have to stick around just for that!! :)

No comments: