Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!!


Look at my Mother's Day present!!! I got home from camping this weekend to find this on my front porch! Isn't it cool? It was a gift from Mark, Sam, and Kennedy! I've ALWAYS wanted a wicker set for my front porch, and they got a resin version that can just be hosed off after pollen season! MUCH more durable than actual wicker. :)

My week has been crazy. I've been working lots of hours on the Rotary Golf Tournament. Looks like we're going to make our goal of raising $25,000 for educational and civic projects in southern Wake County. Our regular tournament planner had triple by-pass surgery four weeks ago and hadn't gotten anything done before she got sick, so we've been scrambling for a month to get sponsors and plan the actual event. I'm really proud of all we've gotten done, but I will be SO glad when Thursday is over!!!

Last weekend we actually did yard work and got the garden planted!! We put pots of trees on the front porch and watered morning and night all week until the rain took over on Thursday. It felt great to get it all done!

We also had James LeCroy over on Wednesday night to watch a TV special I had taped on our DVR about the gospel roots of Elvis Presley's music. James and I are collaborating on a book and screenplay about Elvis returning from Heaven to spread the word that Jesus is returning soon, and the special has a lot of great info in it that we can use. We had dinner and watched the show and then watched American Idol while James searched for character sketches on his computer.

Then this past weekend I accompanied Kennedy on a girl scout camping trip to Camp Mu-Sha-Ni in Aberdeen, NC. I was dreading it at first because I had so much else to do, but once we got there I realized that sometimes you just have to take a day or two out of your busy schedule and smell the roses -- in this case, the blackberry bush flowers! :) We hiked all afternoon on Saturday, and cooked whole chickens and baked ziti over the campfire. We made s'mores over the fire and sang lots of songs Saturday night. Sunday morning was very rainy, but the girls made bacon and eggs on the camp stoves and then we hiked to the beaver pond and looked for arrowheads in an old field with the camp's site manager as our tourguide. It was so much fun and a nice break from the craziness of the golf tournament!

When I got back, there was my lovely wicker set! I also received a rechargable lamp from Sam and a garden cart that I can sit on to weed the garden and store my tools from Cassie. My present from Serena is on it's way (she ordered it). The family took me out to dinner and we came home for cake and looked at scrapbooks for an hour before we watched the hockey game! :)

Well, wish me luck -- the golf tournament is in two days and there's LOTS left to do! But we'll have a blast and be happy when it's all over and wrapped up.

1 comment:

My life as it is said...

Good Luck with the golf tournament - You did a fantastic job last year. As I recall your efforts resulted in a great return!!!